Pictures from Last Blog


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Jerusalem District » Jerusalem
March 9th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Here are some picture updates from the last blog that i posted and things that have happened in the last couple of weeks!



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

waiting for the Bus waiting for the Bus
waiting for the Bus

waiting for the bus has become a normal occurance around here. This time we were all waiting for the bus to go to the mall which is only about 10 minute drive away, although it takes a bit longer with public transportation!!
OH GOODNESSOH GOODNESS
OH GOODNESS

you cant go anywhere without a MacDonalds. at least there arent any starbucks here. i dont know if that is a good thing or not. this MacDonalds is at the mall and is a Kosher one, which means you have to stand in seperate lines for meat and diary. its super annoying because i get fries and ice cream and have to order twice and wait in line twice. grrr.
Beit Anna TichoBeit Anna Ticho
Beit Anna Ticho

This is an art Musuem which is in the new city of Jerusalem. The house was owned by a Jerusalem artist and her wealthy doctor husband and when they both died they gave the house to the city. This pencil sketch took up a whole wall in the first floor!
Pizza!Pizza!
Pizza!

This is where we ate dinner that same night that we went into the city for the museum visit. it is a pizza place in the new city by Zion Square. Olive pizza is the best! It was a cute place and had american states license plates all over the wall.
stuck in the mud and no where to gostuck in the mud and no where to go
stuck in the mud and no where to go

Here is a picture of the boys having to push the bus at Gezer. Yeah, we got stuck in the mud. It had poured the day before and so the road was so muddy that the bus wouldnt move anywhere. We finally had to ditch the bus and walk about a half mile in the horrible horrible mud. It stuck to your shoes so bad that it felt like you had 10 pound weights on each foot.
Camel anyone?Camel anyone?
Camel anyone?

Here is my corny picture of a camel, since i am going to Egypt for travel break i took this picture in Jericho
Garden of GathesmeneGarden of Gathesmene
Garden of Gathesmene

On the Mount of Olives
Modern Day BethlehemModern Day Bethlehem
Modern Day Bethlehem

Here is the modern day city of Bethlehem. It is in Palestinian territory and kind of a nasty place. There is really nothing there except the church and a few shops.
The Church of the NativityThe Church of the Nativity
The Church of the Nativity

This is inside the church of the Nativity. It was done up really ornately with tons of things hanging from the ceiling that looked like christmas ornaments.
Secret PassagewaySecret Passageway
Secret Passageway

This is located inside the church of the nativity and is the door into the 'birthplace' of christ. it was really weird inside and had all these decorations and weird paintings. And there is this tiny hole inside which is considered to be the actually spot where Jesus was born-its kind of corny.
Herodium Herodium
Herodium

This is one of the places which Herod built up as a fortress and palace. Herodium is on top of a man made mountain, which herod built also. These are the ruins from the palace which was here.
Herodium Herodium
Herodium

Here is the mountian which Herodium is built on- kind of looks like an ant hill-but its pretty big!
View of Dominus Flevitt [sp?]View of Dominus Flevitt [sp?]
View of Dominus Flevitt [sp?]

Dominus Flevitt means Jesus wept in latin, dont i dont know if i spelled it right. This is on the mount of olives and is the place where Jesus looked over the city of Jerusalem and wept for them. Thought it was a cool picture with the dome of the rock in the background.
The LandRoverThe LandRover
The LandRover

One weekend we went out in the LandRover with Todd [our professor] and just got to roam around the country side. It was a lot of fun and was nice to be in a real car, instead of a bus!
THERE IT ISTHERE IT IS
THERE IT IS

Look at it! I want one so bad!
Jericho Jericho
Jericho

Here I am. I hate taking pictures by myself, so please disregard the awkwardness. This is me at the tel at Jericho with the ruins of a wall in the background.
Produce StandProduce Stand
Produce Stand

There was a produce stand outside the ruins at Jericho and we bought some food. They have these things called American Peanuts that i got. They dont taste like peanuts really, and i havent seen anything like them in America, but they are really good!
Palestinian WallPalestinian Wall
Palestinian Wall

This is the wall that seperates the Palestinian territory in the West Bank from the Israeli territory. People tagged on the wall with spray paint things like, resist, revolt, and Mr. President tear down this wall.
Here is a nice one!Here is a nice one!
Here is a nice one!

awww. isnt this cute? show it to your friends.
Dressed UpDressed Up
Dressed Up

all the girls dressed up for battle of the sexes!!!!


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb