Mount Tochal, Tehran


Advertisement
Iran's flag
Middle East » Iran
May 16th 2014
Published: May 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Mount Tochal is a mountain in the Alborzrange and a ski resort adjacent to Tehran. The mountain has a 12 km long ridgeline. The highest peak, also called Mount Tochal, is at an elevation of 3,964 m (13,005 feet)

Tochal is a popular recreational region for Tehran's residents especially on Iranian weekends (Thursdays& Fridays).

Tochal has a long gondola lift which begins from Velenjak valley (north of Tehran) at 1900m and ends in the last station at 3740m near the main ridge of Tochal. This gondola lift is used for accessing ski resorts and other recreational centers on the mountain. The gondola lift has four stationsand there are restaurant and a rescue centerin every station. You can use buses or walk the way to get to first station. Or else, it almost take you 7 to 9 hour to get to peak. On the way to the top, in the valleys and near the river there are some mountain herbs which can be used to make real organic tea!

In the last station, at 3740m and very close to the Tochal main ridge, there is a hotel & ski resort complex. Don’t forget to take warm clothes because it is always cold there maybe 10-12 centigrade colder than Tehran and almost always covered by snow! when i went there on May 2014, the round ticket price to station 7 was 35000 tomans (around 12 USD), till station 5 was 25000 (8 USD), and till station 2 was 10000 tomans (3 USD). you also can buy a one-way ticket. and the entrance ticket for ski resort center was also 35000 tomans (12 USD). You can have city view from each station. Tochal tele-cabin company has a website that you may find the price and other information there.



In Station 1, there is a Bungee Jump, a 5D Time capsule, many Ice cream and Tea shops, and restaurants, sport shops and etc. Also, the view of Tehran at night is like a sleepy dark marsh pudding, with millions of light peeping underneath.



P.S. I will write comments on the photos later! :D

** These are all photos taken by me and I am not a good photographer! :D Sorry for that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

picking up some of mountain flowers for a cup of organic tea!picking up some of mountain flowers for a cup of organic tea!
picking up some of mountain flowers for a cup of organic tea!

We could pick up Pooneh (Pennyroyal), Gazane (Urtica) and Avishan ( Thymus vulgaris) this time


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb