Ramsar, an Iranian bride to remember


Advertisement
Iran's flag
Middle East » Iran » North
June 11th 2014
Published: June 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ramsar, an Iranian bride to remember



Ramsar is a coastal city in north of Iran beside the Caspian Sea which has the mountain neighboring it.It is known as the bathing resort of the Caspian and by far the most beautiful site of the whole coast, it is unique in terms of scenery including forest, forested hills, and proximity to the Caspian beach.

The town also offers hot springs, the green forests of the Alborz Mountains and the vacation palace of the last Shah, which is currently the Ramsar Hotel. Some points in Ramsar have the highest concentrations of natural radioactivity of the world, due to the activity of hot springs.

Wooded hills roll down nearly to the beach itself while the powerful outlines of the Alborz mountains range from an impressive background. The museum, which was in fact a palace used by Iran's former monarchs Reza and Mohammad-Reza Pahlavi, is ornamented with works by famous Iranian sculptors and painters. Ramsar is a popular sea resort for Iranian tourists. Ramsar Plaza Complex (Telecabine) is also fantastic. The Ramsar cable car system is the only one of its kind in the Middle East to connect beach to mountain forest. There are nice local bazars on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Don't miss it.

The most exhilarating thing about Ramsar is its beaches of course. Nowadays, Ramsar has a combination of rocky and sandy beaches.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb