Lovely Yazd, Calm and Nice


Advertisement
Iran's flag
Middle East » Iran » East » Yazd
July 28th 2015
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

IcehouseIcehouseIcehouse

Pre electricity this building keeps ice frozen. How we dont know
Geo: 31.92, 54.37

Easy drive to Yazd and even easier was we noticed the traffic was calm and minimal. Evidently the nicest Iranians live in Yazd. We easily found the road into the old area of town which we needed to take to get to the Silk Road Hotel however it was a construction zone… so not too fazed I decided the next ally will do fine….. apparently the old town was not setup with a big Landcruiser in mind.. we managed to get down a few adjoining alley's and then got stuck.. yep had to reverse and then get back down to the main road… we struck out on foot to find the place and to establish if it was worth the effort and just how do we get in…. it was worth it… apparently all you had to do was drive down the construction road past the Mosque left then right and there was a nice car park… easy.

The Silk Road Hotel was setup just for backpackers… had a great feel, the rooms were perfect and it had a big courtyard where you could laze on big flat things and use all the wifi you wanted…. Providing it was not
Cute LocalCute LocalCute Local

Wait I must have my scarf on properly before you can take my photo!
a banned website…. Silly really given all the young folk have an app to work around the Facebook blocker anyway…

The Silk Hotel also had facilities for Laundry. A necessary evil whilst travelling in the desert. Trouble is everytime we subject our clothes to the Iranian laundry system the come back smaller than they went in. Being a woman I have to cover everything, not easy when the sleaves of my light shirts are getting shorter with each wash. I even went to the effort of demonstrating the problem at the hotel reception and asking if I could cold hand wash myself. They laughed at my shirt, assured me no problem and whisked off the laundry. Following day the Laundry came back stiff as boards and hey shorter again. Getting a little annoyed with this.

It was very hot so we just relaxed for the afternoon and once the sun started to set we went for a look around the old city..absolutely fantastic… looked just like the movies of old.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Mosque and WindtowersMosque and Windtowers
Mosque and Windtowers

The square things are pre airconditioning house coolers called wind towers
Car Park Silk RoadCar Park Silk Road
Car Park Silk Road

Darren on water cleaning duty. Everyday chore


Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb