Pool Day at the Hotel then dinner in Limassol Marina


Advertisement
Cyprus' flag
Middle East » Cyprus » Limassol
April 14th 2024
Published: April 24th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Chill by the pool day today as the main Beach Road from here to Limassol old town and marina was closed until mid afternoon for the Limassol marathon.

There were ways out via the back roads but really about time we caught some of the glorious sunshine, cornflower blue sky and swimming pool so we did just that.

I woke at dawn, grabbed my camera .. and a towel for modesty ... and went to watch the sunrise from the balcony. Magic.

We watched a few of the marathon runners from the end of the hotel road which was indeed blocked off for vehicular access to the Beach road the runners were using. Quite a few hotel guests were running though some just doing the 10k half. 10 metre would be all I could manage sadly

Then sun lounger where I discovered the sun was really getting quite hot, 26° I think., so made several splashes into both the hotel's very nice pools. Am pleased to report a good tan is now developing.

Late afternoon we decided a trip to the Marina was in order in search of food. Absolutely super evening. The Marina was buzzing especially on the old fishing port area where we found a lovely Cypriot restaurant. Then a stroll along the pier checking my new camera out, live music blasting out and coloured fountains and crowds of happy people.

This is a superb city. Can't fault it. The Marina area and promenade are so well done . I fact the marina at night reminds us of the one we loved in Cape Town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb