Magnificent Europe - Rivers and Waterways from BUDAPEST to AMSTERDAM


Advertisement
Europe
October 1st 2013
Published: December 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Magnificent Europe: APT tour aboard the AMALYRA from Budapest to Amsterdam. going through rivers, man made canals and 67 locks. The scenery varied all the way from bush to villages, towns, cities and castles and many bridges = all very different and completely fascinating. I personally never got tired of going through the locks as they again were very different - some the bar opened up, others down , some as gates, some took 2 craft, some locks side by side, some very deep and others not so deep and early in the trip we went up in the locks and after the Continental Divide we went down in the locks. Needless to say my interest in locks may stem from an ancestor who in 1830-1840 was a lock keeper on the Regents Canal.


Yes! I could do the trip all over again.



Embarkation: We had a cabin downstairs and not the balcony - this did not matter as when we came aboard the weather had turned really cold and the wind was blowing a gale but the ducks were swimming just outside our cabin window that appeared almost at water level.



Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

BudapestBudapest
Budapest

View from our lower floor cabin - the ducks were swimming outside our window while the wind was blowing and temperature was low.
PassauPassau
Passau

Departing Passau
To NurembergTo Nuremberg
To Nuremberg

Lock near the Continental Divide
To NurembergTo Nuremberg
To Nuremberg

Lock near the Continental Divide
To NurembergTo Nuremberg
To Nuremberg

Lock near the Continental Divide


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb