Baja


Advertisement
Europe
May 29th 2013
Published: June 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

29 May 2013

The Danube turns southwards after leaving Budapest and we followed its course today for about 150k.

Our first stop was at a ranch called Tanyacsarda to watch a display of local horsemanship. We were lucky that an English speaking group who were on a train journey from Istanbul to Budapest and for some of them beyond, were just about to start their performance when we arrived and they let us join them. The skill of the riders and the training the horses must have received was very impressive.

We left and found a patch of gravel next to the local railway line to stop for our lunch. Wendy was just preparing the food when two horse drawn carriages arrived containing the train party. Before we knew it the train also turned up. They all climbed aboard and were gone. We had enjoyed our morning in their company!



We camped on a lovely riverside site in the pleasant small town of Baja situated on junction of the Sugovica and Danube. The town is famous for a freshwater fish soup called halaszle and we visited a local restaurant in the evening to try it. When we got back another English van had arrived and we completed the day in Judith and Roy and Lady the rescue dog’s company drinking Romanian wine made by their friends they had just visited.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb