Our Mediterrannean Cruise


Advertisement
Europe
August 2nd 2012
Published: August 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our departure date draws near and we are getting a tiny bit anxious as we now have just two weeks before we are transported by the lovely Miss T in her "limo" to the airport for a short flight to Brisbane where we have quite a long wait before boarding our Emerites flight to Dubai. This time around we have retired our Trusty Sony HDR-HC3 Video camera and EOS20D SLR in favour of a new Canon EOS60D which combines both an 18mp SLR and full HD Video camera. In the past I have found that carrying both became a bit of a drag on long days and invariable left one or the other back in our room. Planning for this trip has proved to be a bit of a task as there are: 6 separate Aircraft, 7 Trains, 7 Hotels, 13 Countries and 1 Cruise Ship in our Itinery lets hope that not too much goes wrong. The most traumatic was booking the train travel from Rome to Paris via the Swiss Alps on the Bernina Express. Australian agents for European Train booking are not particularly helpful. We have http://www.seat61.com/ (The Man in Seat 61) to thank for eventually giving us the information we needed to make the bookings and at a much cheaper price.

Advertisement



14th September 2012

Change of plans
Received text - thank you - not surprised - Mavis
18th September 2012

Text
Thank you for text - Tuesday

Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb