Day 36 - Valencia to London


Advertisement
Europe
September 1st 2011
Published: January 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We got a little bit of a sleep in today but not too long. We were up in time to get out free breakfast, check-out and grab acab to the airport as today we were flying back to London, England.
Our flight was at 11:35am so we got there in plenty of time, and the Valencia Airport actually is quite close to the city so it didn't take long, nor did it cost us much for the cab.
We checked in our bags and made our way to get a bottle of water for the flight, this is where weran into Sam, one of Nathan's mates. As it turned out, he was on the sam flight back to London as us. All the other boys had already left as they were flyng into Heatherow Airport and we were flying into Stanstead Airport.
We chatted for a bit then boarded. As we were flying tight-ass with Ryan Air we got to sit wherever we wanted, they don't do designated seats, it's kind of a first in line first on the plane type thing so Sam sat with us.
Mary slept for the entre flight where as Sam and I chatted and before we knew it we were landing.
We said our goodbyes pretty quickly as he was in the super fast UK Border Control line and we were in the 'Aliens' one. It still didn't take too long to get through.
We grabbed some lolliues at the shop at the airport to keep us going then went down some esculators to catch the Stanstead Express train into London.
We were staying at the Royal National Hotel again as we figured it was good and we knew where it was etc.
We dropped our stuff off there, and collected the things that we'd left there we'll over two weeks earlier. It was kind of nice to get some different clothes in our suitcases again.
We jumped on the tube to Leicester Square where we were getting some half price tickets to see The Lion King tonight which we achieved.
After we jumped back on the tube to go shopping at Harrods and Knightsbridge. The Christmas display that they already had in Harrods was stunning. You aren't supposed to take photos but we took some sneaky ones anyway, we just couldn't resist.
We bought a few things then we were going to jump back on the tube to the hotel to drop our purchases off but decided we wouldn't have time so we wen't straight to the show instead. The Lion King really was spectacular. So well done. I loved it.
After the show we jumped back on the tube to the hotel as we were completely knackered.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb