Rome part Due


Advertisement
Europe
June 12th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It seemed a simple task... find the right train to Bern, Switzerland; get on it, stop in Milan, switch trains, and arrive in Bern. Apparently the Italian language barrier proved too difficult to overcome as we boarded a train, found our seats occupied just as the doors closed and the train left the station in Florence, on its way to Rome. After a failed attempt to convince the train official to stop the train, we then discovered that not only were our seat numbers occupied, but ALL seats were occupied. So, we spent the duration of the train ride BACK to Rome on the train floor in the lovely corridor outside the bathrooms by the exit/entrance doors. What fun! Upon arriving back in Rome, we learned that all the seats back to Milan and then Bern were full, so instead we booked an overnight trainride straight to Vienna, having to forego our visit to Switzerland and the space agency in Bern altogether, to much disappointment. Our first overnight train ride was not super restful, but we did get to see some of the countryside and we encountered some aroma from our neighbors in the couchette next to us which if we never smell again will be too soon. We arrived in Vienna early in the morning and headed straight for our hotel, hoping for an early check-in!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



13th June 2006

Funny
Y'all are too funny, all's well that ends well!! Go to Demel for pastries!! You'll LOVE it!!!
14th June 2006

Wowie Wow Wow!!
I LOVE reading all of the blogs and trying to imagine how much fun you are having. Thanks so much for sharing your journey! Sandy
20th June 2006

Ay-yi-yi!!! Glad you made it!!

Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb