Sibenik


Advertisement
Europe
September 23rd 2011
Published: September 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone. We have arrived in Sibenik after two wonderful nights in Skradin. The weather is again very warm. Today is some special festival here and we are moored at the town quay just in front of the Cathedral. There are stalls everywhere and people in medieval costumes - going to be quite a night here. The festival continues throughout the day tomorrow. Skradin was beautiful and as it was my birthday we took a cruise up to the Franciscan monastry at Visovac then on up to the waterfalls at Roski Slap. Ended last evening with a lovely dinner and bottle of Moet for good measure. Chris is currently sitting on the boarding ladder attempting to catch a fish - it was for the purpose of feeding one of the local cats but it has now wandered off..... We had a good wander today - quite an amazing old town with winding steep streets and many steps. Not sure where we are off to tomorrow but will stay around the islands here. Enjoying a glass of the local merlot as I write this... Quite a few yachts have moored this afternoon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb