We've been busy in Europe ...


Advertisement
Europe
April 8th 2010
Published: April 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

We really apologize for the delay in posting but the internet can get really expensive and unavailable in Europe! But here's what we've been up to ...

After spending 5 more days alongside the beaches of Egypt, we said our goodbyes to our amazing new friends and that wonderful country, and headed off to Greece!

We landed in Athens with a plan of heading out to the Greek Islands ... but unfortunately due to some tough economic times in Greece and some important Greek holidays, we were unable to make it out to the islands ... which was okay, because we got to see much of ancient Athens and catch up on the rest we lost out on in Egypt! :-) We spent the week seeing the ancient temples and Acropolis in Athens, which aren't a well preserved as Egypt's, but they were also not buried under sand for 4500 years or so...

It was great to see a bit of Greece, however we were still really excited to see the rest of western Europe! We flew to London, stayed with our friend Kiki we met in Egypt, and then left for Paris! We spent 2 days there, exploring the Parisian styles, buildings and art ... all on foot ... and Paris is HUGE! ... leaving us very tired and sore. We would however, soon head to Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland, which is a tiny town right beside the highest mountain in all of Europe (Jungfrau). Following our Swiss experience, we headed to Italy for a week! We Made our way to Florence (home of Michelangelo's David), Rome (accidentally for Good Friday at the Vatican), and Venice! THE FOOD WAS GREAT! We had enough pasta and pizza to last a lifetime and saw some great sites at the same time!

After, we left for Salzburg, Austria for day or so ... that night we went to a monastery where the monks brew beer and sell it for 5 Euro per Litre .... AWESOME!

We're currently in Prague, Czech Republic. Unfortunately today, US president Obama is signing a treaty with Russia here, and pretty much the whole city is shut down (and no chance of seeing him ... we tried!) We've still got some time in Berlin and Amsterdam left before its time to head home tho! We are home in less than a week and we cant wait to see all of you, even if we don't want to leave!

We're sorry the photos aren't uploading right now ... we'll try again in Berlin!

See you all very soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb