Kristie's Visit


Advertisement
Europe
June 20th 2009
Published: April 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Neuschwanstein Castle, Bavaria, Germany This castle was built by King Ludwig II in the 1800's but left unfinished after his death. The castle was the inspiration for Walt Disney's Cinderella Castle.
Kristie spent two weeks traveling with me during the summer! We started right from Munich Airport and went straight to Neuschwanstein Castle. It was a hot day and one heck of a walk up the mountain road to the actual castle, but it was beautiful and the view was magnificent! From there, we headed south east to Garmisch, Germany to spend the night. Next morning we were on our way to Salzburg, Austria for lunch and some sightseeing. After that, we continued our drive to Radovljica, Slovenia where we would stay for 3 days. We drove to Bled to walk and sightsee during the day and had wonderful, traditional food at the hotel each night. We headed back home, but only for a few days!! Then we were heading to Poland to do some pottery shopping.

It was a whirlwind week for both of us, but we had a great time and saw a lot of Europe!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 194, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb