PJ's One Day in Paris


Advertisement
Europe
June 7th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today is Sunday so most of shopping centers and boutique shops in Paris are closed.

I and 3 Taiwanese girls started the day with brunch at one of the most famous pastry shops in Paris called "Pierre Herme". It is located on the small street across from the St. Germain so we walked from our hotel in only 10 minutes. We arrived there at 10.45 am, and though the shop opens at 10am, there is already long line. The fancy display in front of the shop and the smell of pastries easily made us queue up. We ordered different kinds of pastries and macaroons, all of them so impressive and fabulous.

Then we walked through the "Pantheon" and "Quatier Latin" areas until we arrived at "Norte Dame". We went inside this Gothic cathedral and saw hundreds of prayer candles, rose stained glass windows, and the choir screen. This cathedral took almost 200 years to complete construction, finishing in 1345. Then we climbed up more than 400 stairs to the top of the tower to take a closer look at the gargoyles and panoramic views of Paris. It was a tough climb and raining, but worth it to do it.

After that we went to "Musee d'Orsay" because we all wanted to see the breathtaking Impressionist Collection: Monet, Vincent Van Gogh, and Renoir. The architecture of both the texterior and interior are so gorgeous since it used to be train station and during the war period it became mail depot. We spent time here until the museum closed at 6pm.

Paris, je t'aime !!

PJ

Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb