Old dogs and ski


Advertisement
Europe
February 10th 2009
Published: February 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Introducing the dogs 9 secs
2: and they're off! 16 secs
3: My team 29 secs
4: Taking me for a ride 11 secs
Today it was -15c. We spent th dy acclimatising again down by the lake using our new cross contry skiing skills. It was 5km each way. When we got there we took it in turns to lead a pack of 4 dogs around a track and also practice ice fishing.v. Yesterday we were taught to use our skis. Its a lot harder than it looks. Everyone fell down and once you've got wet there is no opportunity to get dry again until you get back to the cabin. The cabin is a welcome refuge from the cold, but this is our last night now. For the past two night we've been preparing a snow hole. Taking it in turns to shovel snow into a huge pile that will be our home on Friday. Tomorrows home is a tent on the lake (it sounds nice but most of the snow here is waist deep) Thursday's home is a shelter made of trees and snow. Oh and tomorrow is the start of our rations for 3 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

The supply snowmobile gets stuck in deep snowThe supply snowmobile gets stuck in deep snow
The supply snowmobile gets stuck in deep snow

We had to lift this heavy machine out of the snow.


Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb