Cinque Terre!


Advertisement
Europe
September 13th 2008
Published: September 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last weekend we adventured to Cinque Terre! Its a gorgeous place with 5 small 'villages' off the coast of the Riviera, about a 2 hour train ride from Florence. Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggio, they were amazing small 'beach' towns full of mountains and considered a 'preserved world heritage site' The ocean was so beautiful-my first time swimming in the Mediterranean! It was so gorgeous walking along the mountains on these small twisty paths looking over cliffs into water, winding through olive orchards and vineyards. The towns were full of old houses, shops, and restaurants, that were all pastel colors and very old. There were fishermen boats everywhere and the seafood was delicious! The swimming was amazing aside from the fact that they had no sand! We were all going crazy trying to walk on these painful rocks into the ocean. ouch! But still swimming in the crystal clear water looking back at these huge mountains, different colored buildings and boats, it was amazing. It was a great weekend trip!... xxx miss you all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb