MAD, FLR, ROME, BLN, PRG


Advertisement
Europe
December 20th 2005
Published: January 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Here is my blog! Although it contains less words- it has more photos! I explained some things in the captions. If you want to hear more- feel free and ask me. Take care! Alex... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

signsign
sign

so I noticed that German has some really long words. This was taken at the train station where we had to get off to go see the Mod Museum of Art.
MuseumMuseum
Museum

Mod Museum of Art. I think it used to be an old train station- so they painted it and threw up some neon lights. It was quite eerie inside. Silence. Creepy guards standing behind us.
MuseumMuseum
Museum

I'm standing inside a piece in the exhibit "fast niche" ("almost nothing"). The guard kept giving us the thumbs up to go in and then she yelled at us in German! Later we figure out that the thumbs up means "1 at a time".
MuseumMuseum
Museum

Then we took the train to Prague. Goulash- my first meal at a pub in Prague- across from Shelly's place.
ChurchChurch
Church

An ordinary church in Shelly's hood
clockclock
clock

You know, I actually was flipping the channel the other day and I think it might have been Alias that had a scence right in front on this clock ... anyway, it is beautiful and giant.
clockclock
clock

One of the oldest Jewish Synagogues in Europe. Every Jew from Prague has her/his name written on the walls. Also, there are drawings from kids who were in concentration camps. In the back- there's a cemetery ...
cemeterycemetery
cemetery

It was explained to me that it once consisted of 7 layers but after the flood in Prague 2002 all the layers floated up ...
b & coffeeb & coffee
b & coffee

Bridget, with her new prague-made hat, having her first to-go cup in months ... "to-go" and "doggie bags" are rude in Spain- they don't exist unless you are in an American foodchain in Madrid. Pizza Hut is even family-style sit down in most places.
pragueprague
prague

Prague is the most beautiful city I have ever seen. This is a view looking up in the main square.
pragueprague
prague

the square was full of holiday cheer. There were these delicious cinnamon bun-like things that they made and roasted right in front of us.
Shelly!Shelly!
Shelly!

Shelly making us breakfast. Thanks again Shelly for letting us stay with you and take over your office.
Prague castlePrague castle
Prague castle

It was way too big to get a photo of all of it. It was a pain getting there by tram. And it was snowing. Anyway, one you are there is is confusing concerning where to go for the next big part of the Prague castle. It was less tourist friendly than most places we have visited but way prettier.
Prague castlePrague castle
Prague castle

Ths can kind of give you a idea of the scale of this Cathedral ...
Prague castlePrague castle
Prague castle

The ceiling inside is covered with family crests. This is my last trip photo but there are many more that would take years to upload. If you want more in detail let me know. I'd be happy to tell you.
Cats!Cats!
Cats!

Sebastein is the new one (orange) that I came home to. Erika is in the front.



12th January 2006

Even more jealous now
Awesome pictures, Alex! I had forgotten just how gorgeous Prague is. Sigh. :) Oh, and I think I'll be making copies of the one of my sister in that hat. Classic!

Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb