Russia Scandi


Advertisement
Europe
June 26th 2008
Published: June 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here's some photos of my latest trip. I spent five weeks away on an organised tour. I met some great people on my trip in particular, Hen, Kathleen and Liz who I spent most of my time with. We started in Berlin where I spent a day with Douglas checking out the sights and soaking up some the history followed by a day with my tour group to see the East Side Gallery (remaining berlin wall) and a Third Reich walking tour which was a good catch up on my old history lessons and Nazi germany.

After day two in Berlin we headed to Copenhagen (Denmark) then north into sweden where we spent two days in Stockholm. Stockholm was also a beautiful city with a gorgeous old town... and the Absolut Ice bar which was fun until I started to freeze. Following Sweden we headed west into Norway to start our journey north to the top of europe and the arctic circle. We spent a day in oslo and then headed to andalsnes where we spent a few days, one of which was a day trip to the gorgeous Gieranger Fjord. Another highlight also included bobsledding (on the wheelybob) in Lillehammer before heading to Hell.

We then made our way up the Norwegian coast to Olderfjord where we were based to try and see the midnight sun at Nordkapp, the most northerly point of mainland europe. Unfortunately the weather refused to co-operate and we saw the midnight fog. A little bit sad as we spent so long getting there. From Norway we headed back down through Finland to Helsinki.

Following Helsinki we headed across on the ferry to Estonia for a day. Tallin is a beautiful old town as were Riga and Vilnus where we spent a few days following our stay in Russia.

Russia was definately a highlight of the trip. St Petersburg was our first stop which is much like a European city with beautiful buildings all around. From St Petersburg we headed through Novgorod to Moscow which was more as I imagined Russia to be.

Our final stop of the trip was in Warsaw Poland where i picked up a supply of Polish Vodka!! Here are the photos which are much more entertaining.


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb