In transit


Advertisement
Europe
May 22nd 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Recomendations for anyone travelling long distances. Back to back 11 hour flights are not a good idea.
Also if you are stopping in Hong Kong then try to get there after ten in the morning. That way you are less likely to be stuck in a transit lounge for hours looking at the shops through a security window.
That said having a Friday that lasted 36 hours ment when we did get to Hamburg we slept like logs, despite the fact our hostel was on the loudest street with the most emergency vehicals in all of Hamburg. Get lag was minimal.
I still consider our stay in Hamburg part of the travelling to the start of our trip. We slept for about 6 hours, then tired though we were it was dinner time in NZ and time to get to the train station here. We had forgotten the time we were ment to catch the train so got to the station 45 minutes early. That gave us a fast foot tour of the nearby river area. have photos will send. It also justified three post cards although two of them were the train station.
The train then took us to Denmark. I the whole way was flat. Beautiful, with wind turbines and churches and fancy bridges but flat as a pancake.
There were strange areas with backyards only. Small gardens, sheds, lawn, hedges thats it.

- Kathryn


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb