London Travel Guide


Advertisement
Europe
January 25th 2023
Published: January 25th 2023
Edit Blog Post

1. Take an al fresco dip in London’s lidos
Often dating from the 1920s and ‘30s, London’s lidos become substitute seaside resorts on unexpectedly sunny days. As well as outdoor swimming pools, many of the lido sites include cafes and kids’ facilities. They’re spread throughout the city but you'll find our pick of the crop listed in our guide to London's best lidos and outdoor pools.

2. Get a word in at Speakers’ Corner, Hyde Park
Inspiring orators and intentional antagonists have their say at Hyde Park's Speakers’ Corner every Sunday and you can join them – since 1872 it’s been permissible to speak about whatever you wish here, as long as you avoid obscene language.

3. Wander the trail of London's hidden waterways
Modern-day visitors are often ignorant of the trail of buried rivers that surge beneath the city's surface - did you know a river runs directly beneath Buckingham Palace? Our on these secret conduits reveals the surprising ways they've shaped the city and where you can see them today; read it to understand how Peckham Rye got its name, and why The Oval is oval.

4. Try fragrance profiling at Penhaligon’s, Covent Garden

A bastion of classic British style, London perfumer Penhaligon’s has built its reputation on traditional fragrances and steadfast refinement. At its Covent Garden branch, you can book a private perfume profiling appointment with a fragrance advisor who meticulously details the brand’s scents and helps you select your perfect match. It’s a free service but you’ll likely want to purchase your choice afterward.


5. Row your boat at London’s parks
Throughout the summer, the boating lakes at many of London’s parks are open to the public. The biggest and best-known is the Serpentine lake at Hyde Park, but alternative locations are found at Regent’s Park, Alexandra Park, Greenwich Park, and elsewhere.

Check this video to know more:
">


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb