Contiki Tour Itinerary


Advertisement
Europe
December 19th 2006
Published: November 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

00
DAYS 
00
HOURS 
00
MINS 
00
SECS

Until our Contiki!




Hello!! Just thought i would show you our itinerary and make you even MORE jealous of our holiday thru Europe! :o) We go on the 19th December and get back on the 2nd of January - CANT WAIT!


Trip Itinerary
Day 1: London to Amsterdam: A warm welcome from your Contiki Crew as we head for the White Cliffs of Dover and the Channel crossing to France. We travel through Belgium and into The Netherlands. After dinner a chance to explore this unique city and its amazing nightlife. (D)

Day 2: Amsterdam Sightseeing: Today's agenda includes a guided bike ride through the quaint village of Edam and a visit to a cheese farm where you can also see clogs being made. Discover why diamonds are a girl's best friend at an exhibition before time to explore one of Europe's most intriguing cities. Use your free time to visit Anne Frank's House or the Van Gogh Musem and later why not join us for dinner and a guided cruise through the canals of Amsterdam. (B)

Day 3: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley: Leaving the 'City of Diamonds' we cross the German border and head for the stunning Rhine Valley. At St Goar we take a Rhine river cruise past vineyards, fairy-tale castles and the legendary Lorelei rock. (B,D)

Day 4: Rhine Valley to Swiss Alps: Our path takes us toward the towering Alps and the vast serene lakes of Switzerland. Be charmed by medieval Lucerne with its Chapel Bridge, Lion monument and plentiful shopping opportunities. Maybe a cruise on Lake Lucerne to enhance your ultimate Swiss encounter? Tonight's accommodation is at the base of the snow-capped Mt Titlis. (B,D)

Day 5: Swiss Alps at Leisure: A chance for a different perspective of the Alps today as a revolving cable car journey offers breath-taking panoramic views before reaching the summit of Mt Titlis. Cross a glacier, play in the snow or simply marvel at the scenery. You have free time in Engelberg this afternoon and tonight enjoy the nightlife in this popular resort town. (B,D)

Day 6: Swiss Alps to Innsbruck: Pause in Vaduz, capital of Liechtenstein before crossing the border to Austria. Snow-capped Alps form the backdrop for you to try white water rafting this afternoon and later we arrive in Innsbruck where you can view the well-known 'Golden Roof'. (B,D)

Day 7: Innsbruck to Venice: We wind our way over the Brenner Pass, cross the border into Italy and through the regal Dolomite mountain range. It's a short boat ride into the historical centre of Venice to see St Mark's Square, the Doge’s Palace and the Bridge of Sighs. Enjoy 'La Serenissima' on a gondola ride this evening. (B)

Day 8: Venice to Rome: Past medieval hillside villages and through the Appennine Mountains, we travel south to the fabled Seven Hills of Rome. Do as the Romans do and stroll past the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. Later be delighted by your first glimpse of the Colosseum on our sightseeing tour. (B)

Day 9: Rome Sightseeing: Ancient and modern Rome awaits your discovery. Why not start your day with a guided tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel? In your free time explore the Forum of Imperial Rome, search for Gladiators at the Colosseum, snap up Italian fashions or just watch the world go by with a gelato (or two). (B,D)

Day 10: Rome to Florence: Our morning drive leads us to Florence, the Renaissance city in the beautiful mountain folds of Tuscany. Learn about the Duomo, Giotto's Bell-Tower, Piazza della Signoria and Santa Croce as our expert local guide walks us through the city. (B)

Day 11: Florence to French Riviera: Our first stop this morning is Pisa where we see the world-famous Leaning Tower. Winding along the beautiful coastline we reach France and the Riviera playground of the Côte d'Azur. (B,D)

Day 12: French Riviera at Leisure: Rub shoulders with the rich and famous on the Nice promenade, shop for French fashion or laze the day away on the sun-drenched beaches. Tonight we visit Monaco! Why not join us tonight for an elegant meal, view the Royal Palace and take the opportunity to try your luck at the casinos of Monte Carlo? (B)

Day 13: French Riviera to Lyon: We visit a French perfumery before our lunch stop in Avignon where you can view the Palace of the Popes. Then north along the Rhone Valley to the gastronomical capital of France, Lyon. (B)

Day 14: Lyon to Paris: Today we stop at the magnificent Château Fontainbleau where we have time for a croissant before venturing on to Paris, the 'City of Lights'. What better introduction than with our sightseeing tour and your first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower? (B,D)

Day 15: Paris Sightseeing: Today's sightseeing includes some of the most celebrated icons of Europe. Perhaps take the opportunity to visit the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe or the Champs Elysées. Tonight, why not complete your Parisian experience with a French meal and a famous Parisian cabaret? (B)

Day 16: Paris to London: We visit the Canadian War Memorial at Vimy Ridge on the way to our cross-channel ferry back to England. Time to swap addresses and say goodbye as we arrive early evening in London. (B)


Advertisement



23rd November 2006

Lucky Ducks
Hope you have a great time. Take lots of pictures. Make sure you try the dairy products in Swiss Alps they are great. Watch yourselves at night in Amsterdam. Take care.
28th November 2006

Amsterdam
Make sure you let Hermann and Sunny know when you're in Amsterdam soon, they will show you around and look after you both if they have warning. Go visit Jan and Jacqueline, Sunnys parents, they are lovely and check out Hermann and Niels place for me, as its an old school??
1st December 2006

your little friend?
hey Em haven't seen your little friend in any photos lately, has he been sick?
18th December 2006

Contiki
Have a fantastic time on your tour. Hope you have a white Christmas.
21st December 2006

Have fun!
Hi Emma Nice to hear that you're still having a fantastic time and making the best of being in London. I'm jealous! Do take lots of photo's. Some of the places you're going to, I've already visited. Europe is an awesome place to visit. ENJOY! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year MEL
4th January 2007

Europe
Emma - hope you both had a great time on the Contiki tour. Paris in winter how wonderful!

Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb