Destination reached!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
July 10th 2012
Published: July 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 10.7.12, 17.00hrs:

We're here, we're here! Stage One complete.... arrived in Teddington 20 minutes ago, in torrential rain... oh blast, wasn't going to mention the weather again - getting boring!

After a spot more shopping this morning in Walton, which had begun to feel like home, we decided to brave it and move on towards our goal of Teddington, the farthest point we can go downstream without getting into uncharted territory (tidal basically). First had to visit Shepperton Marina to do the domestics (you know, empty loo, take on water...). It was there that we noticed the damage caused by my little accident with the tug... quite a hole in the side... whoops! Then we travelled, fully enclosed, waterproofs on, through Sunbury and Molesey Locks, past Hampton Court, Tag Island, home of retired rock stars, past Three Tree Island where Captain Bass spent many a night fishing as a boy... under Kingston Bridge and into Teddington, our home for the next night. Just the sound of the torrent rushing down the weir pool, which does feel remarkably close - hope our ropes hold us!

Excited 'cos re-entering the outside world tonight, meeting Richard and Anne for a meal in Teddington, and getting dressed up... well, ditching the souwester anyway! Happy times....

No Boat name of the day, 'cos no-one else silly enough to be out there!

Advertisement



10th July 2012

Half way
Glad you re half way! Would duck tape hold the hole? Hoping those ropes do hold, and you remain this side of North Sea!
10th July 2012

Half way
Glad you re half way! Would duck tape hold the hole? Hoping those ropes do hold, and you remain this side of North Sea!
10th July 2012

rain, what rain?? should have been in Wiltshire!
11th July 2012

Hermitage hello
What was that big party going on at your house last night? Ha ha only joking. There are rumours in the village that The Fox may be closing soon - see what happens when you go away for a while! Glad to hear you are half way, are you ahead of schedule or is it just a case of wherever, whenever? Have a lovely evening and hope Captain H has clean socks for your big night out. We saw the Olympic torch today, was a great sight and the rain held off until it had gone thankfully. Keep those ropes tight x

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb