Heading home - Kota Kinabalu -Sabah


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
August 19th 2010
Published: August 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just us at HeathrowJust us at HeathrowJust us at Heathrow

Last boozy night in UK
Heading home via Belfast International airport to Heathrow - which we were concerned about as we'd heard about the bombs going off in Belfast while at their airport. There were also concerns with potential strikes at Heathrow.

The overnight stop at Heathrow was great and so nice to have a decent room at last with all facilities that we hadn't had in Ireland. We repacked and got organised to go to Kota Kinabalu.

We had another stopover from London to Dubai and then onto Bandar - felt like we were travelling for 2 days and were totally exhausted by time we got to the hotel at Kota Kinabalu. Somehow I picked up a cold on the flight from London ... bugger, we also had to stop at Bandar for our 40 minute flight to KK, for 7 hours!!! We're at Bandar yet again and have spent more time here - this is our 3rd time on this trip, than we have been to Adelaide in the last year!!!

We love KK - John went off to see the Orang-utans in the mountains while I was not well enough to go anywhere and slept most of my time away. However, we've vowed to come back this way again for a holiday in the future - just loved it there - what we saw of it.

John was able to see how big the city of KK was during his trip and saw many great golf courses.... so must come back of course!!

This blog concludes our trip and now looking forward to being at home and should be there in about 10 hours - has been a wonderful time and look forward to our next adventure!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.85s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0948s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb