Sea Day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
July 18th 2009
Published: July 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our first sea day and we kept very busy. Mom and I went to the Dining Room for breakfast after mass with a woman (another Sharon) that we met there. Don’t think I’ll try their blueberry pancakes again. I’ve always thought blueberries were sweet but these were kind of sour.

We then headed up to hear the end of the lecture on Oslo before heading up to the Crows Nest for the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. Probably only 10 of us there but it was funny to find that one couple was from our dinner table since it hadn’t come up at dinner last night. We had a nice talk with everyone then headed down to see if Erin and Dennis were at Trivia but they weren’t. But we were able to find them in the Lido so it was time to eat again. We decided on hamburgers which we later found were not really cooked in the center but the edges were good and dessert even better.

We went back to our cabin for a couple of hours where I tried to show Mom how to play Rhythm Heaven (now she really knows her eldest daughter is crazy). She met Dennis for Tea at 3 in the Dining Room.
We all met in the Queens Lounge for Bingo then saw the other Sharon who had met Polly from the roll call who hadn’t been able to get to the M&G this morning. When she learned her name was Sharon she was trying to determine if it was me but told her she’d met another Sharon that might be. They were in line for Bingo with Erin so we finally all met and sat together for the game. I won the first game on my lucky # B13 and we came close a few more times but no more winners in our group. There was another woman sitting with us that hadn’t played before so we put her through apprentice training. After the game was over we found out her name was Karen. We had to explain why we thought that was so funny.
After Bingo went down to get ready for our first formal night and headed up to the Dining Room for what turned out to be a great dinner. The final couple for our table of 8 joined us and fit right in (we voted to let them come back). Service is very good. Our table is in the center section of the larger Dining Room. The outside tables are Open Seating and the smaller Dining Room is also fixed seating.

We headed to the Queens Lounge just in time for the Captains Welcome and then the show. Was surprised to see the Captain greeting everyone as we entered. He then gave a short welcome and introduced the main officers. I know lots of people prefer the old Captains Welcome but we had stopped going to them years ago to avoid the long waiting lines before dinner and constant picture taking etc. The show was a comic/singer named Jason something (will post the name later when I have a chance to look back at the program) who was pretty good. The beginning part was mostly comedy on differences between men/women. Some decent jokes but somewhat predictable. The last halve was songs mostly from the 50s with jokes and was very good. Mom really enjoyed him. My room card wouldn’t work when we got back but luckily Mom had hers so I grabbed the laptop to come up here to write this after stopping at the Front Desk for a new one.


Tomorrow we’re in Oslo so will try to post again tomorrow night.


Advertisement



20th July 2009

Sea Day
Sharon, thanks for the report of your first day. Very interesting. hope you find that birthday card. BTW I meant to call you before you left, I had to get Kayla, Lindsay got sick was taken to the hospital. She's ok now, it was a virus. Anyway, enjoy your trip. Tell your everyone I said hi. Looking forward to your next blog. Randy Fan 4 ever, Janet

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb