UPDATE


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
January 22nd 2009
Published: January 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

New Starter MotorNew Starter MotorNew Starter Motor

Geoff on freezing cold tarmac on New Years Eve!
Well, Ollie has a new starter motor now and, although the battery wasn't too good at first, we have now managed to drive locally a few times. Geoff put the starter motor in himself on New Years Eve whilst I was preparing the house for a party.

As the van had been shut up for most of the winter so we got a bit of a shock when we looked inside for the first time. There was black mold all over the ceiling - ooops! However, after a bit of elbow grease and lot of spray, we managed to clean it all off.

Note to self: Let the van get some air every now and then.

Anyway, we are booked into a campsite in the New Forest at the end of May and then hope to take it overseas later in the year (Budget permitting, of course!). This time it will be either on the ferry to Spain and then drive towards Barcelona and along the coast or, If budget doesn't permit, a trip to either somewhere in England or Ireland.

There are one or two things I want to get sorted before August...

* Cool
Moldy RoofMoldy RoofMoldy Roof

This took a lot of cleaning!
Box - ours is a fitted one which should run off the leisure battery but not working at the mo.

* Larger Awning - ours is far too small

* Electric hookup lead - As our van is American, the outside socket us a USA one and we can't find a USA to Europe and USA - UK Adaptor for it.

Would also like to do something with our awful curtains but not sure what yet. Not too important though.

Will keep you posted on our plans for 2009!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb