Xmas parties '08


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
December 6th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The lead up to Christmas kicked off in earnest in early December, with Cherie and Ian's festive drinks in West Dreyton.

After a stunning day's site-seeing at St Paul's Cathedral, Joel and I met up with friends Scott and Jamie, to make the overground journey out there. Having been drinking all afternoon, Jamie entertained passengers with his plight to become 'Nav-man' - Cherie and Ian live in the burbs - so it was his mission to find us the way!

As Ian is a cop, I don't have any photos of the evening to hand, but we had a lovely night consuming snowballs, mulled wine and Ian's culinary delights. Needless to say after some Christmas-carol-karaoke, the trip back to London was entertaining...

A week later, the Prudential Marketing team held their annual awards and Xmas bash up in Scotland. Under the guise of a 'Marketing Academy' we all journeyed up to the 'postcard-esque' Dalmahoy Marriott Country Club.

Whilst we did discuss our successes and do some 2009 strategic planning, for the most part the emphasis was on having a bit of fun. In the afternoon we had the choice of two activities - I got to try my hand at indoor clay-pigeon shooting and to take on the boys in the driving range!

Then in the evening it was time to swap our work attire for dresses and tuxedos, before a cocktail reception and three-course meal. The awards presentation took place throughout, and then everyone hit the dance floor and partied well into the morning!...

...I don't know what was going around that night, but the following evening about 10 of the Online crew all came down with a debilitating flu, so unfortunately only about four people made it to the team Xmas lunch the next week. Luckily I managed to get better in time for hosting Xmas Day at our place!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The Online EdsThe Online Eds
The Online Eds

Paul and I


Tot: 0.366s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb