Easter in Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
March 29th 2005
Published: March 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Aaaah, the joy of a long weekend! Fatboy, Camel and Squeezy (Craig, Alice and Cathy) and I drove up to the north of Wales for four days of eating, riding, resting, drinking, climbing and talking.

Good Friday was spent taking the long way up to Wales via the coastal road. We stopped in a little town for fish and chips on the way and arrived at out destination of Bala in the arvo. We'd booked at the last minute at Bala Backpackers which was a nice hostel run by a crazy lady called Stella. I'm not sure what freaked us out more - that she had her own glamour photography shots displayed on the wall, or that she had photos of her father's funeral up in the foyer or if it was the the seven thousand signs listing rules put up around the place. (Cathy and Craig obviously didn't see the 'no farting' one up in the bedroom.)

Saturday was filled riding bikes around Bala Lake, driving to Harlech Castle, walking along Harlech beach and exploring the Bala shops. Dinner was at a nice restaurant and the day was completed by going to the pub and watching a hen's party
Craig and AliceCraig and AliceCraig and Alice

Pit stop along the west coast of Wales
engage in karaoke that involved WAY too much Tom Jones.

Sunday was the day of Mount Snowdon and we walked up half of it. It was getting to dark to make it to the top. We drove on the backroads home taking in a tasty dinner at a country pub.

The Monday drive home was nice and relaxed with the traffic not as bad as anticipated, much to Alice's liking. We stopped at Warwick Castle along with every other man and his dog in England and spent a few hours there enjoying the spring sun. It was such a awesome place - Tussauds own it so they had decked out the castle with wax figures in fully decorated rooms in the castle to show what life would have been like. It was fantastic. We roamed the grounds, took in the torture chamber....ew.... and Cathy kept the souvenir shop in the black for a good few months with her frenetic souvenir buying.

Back at work now but it's only a three day week - I'm getting excited about this weekend's trip to Budapest....



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb