Welsh countryside,squirrels and puffins!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
March 5th 2011
Published: April 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I thought you'd like to see these pictures I took of some of the countryside in Wales, it's so green and hilly.
On the island where we are staying I also saw some puffins! They are sooo cute, just take a look at their lovely striped beaks, aren't they lovely!

In the hotel we were staying at (which is a really old manor house) they had lots of red squirrels! I don't know if you know but in the United Kingdom they only ever used to have red squirrels, and then one day someone brought grey squirrels back from their journeys in the Americas and the grey squirrels then stole all the red squirrels houses, naughty grey squirrels...the red squirrels were then homeless!

Today they are trying to reintroduce the red squirrel back into the environment and are hoping that the grey squirrel will leave it some space, poor things!

Aren't they cute but I wouldn't want to get nipped by their teeth would you? I fed them lots of monkey peanuts, they're really tame it's so cute!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb