Mid and Southern Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
July 30th 2010
Published: July 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Holyhead LighthouseHolyhead LighthouseHolyhead Lighthouse

This is actually in northern Wales (about as far north as you can get), but I thought it was cool.
Had a good few days of seeing the middle and Southern parts of Wales.

Cruised by the coastal castles of Criccieth and Harlech. Very cool to see the beach form the castle. Harlech was in pretty good shape, but Criccieth not so much. Beatiful locations for both though.

I went to the mountain biking center in Coed-y-Brenin. It was GREAT! Super trails, although a little rockier than I'm used to in Florida of course. I had a super day riding around. No crashes, mainly because I took it easy. Didn't want to try out the Wales medical system, although I'm sure it's fine!

Ventured on into the Pembroke area of Wales next. Beautiful area in the south west corner. Visited the town of St David and stayed in a hostel right on the beach (well, 100m from the beach, but you can see it form the dining room!)

The roads here make you pay attention when driving. The are actually only one car wide in places, but carry traffic in both directions, which means you get to back up to let the other car pass on occasion. We are defintely spolied in the US with our road system!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Harlech castleHarlech castle
Harlech castle

View from the village of the castle
House near DongellauHouse near Dongellau
House near Dongellau

Cool house down the road from the bunkhouse I stayed in outside of DOngellau
New QuayNew Quay
New Quay

Cute little seaside town
Sunset at BroadhavenSunset at Broadhaven
Sunset at Broadhaven

Sunset on the hill above the hostel in Broadhaven


30th July 2010

work in wales
i think Thales still does optics in St Asaph. should i send you their career page?
30th July 2010

Sweet
You are getting Meghan and I super excited to take our trip next fall. Beautiful pictures. I hope your travels continue to amaze you!
30th July 2010

Wales looks to be a beautiful country!!! I love the photos of the castles Anne!
30th July 2010

Pictures
Beautiful pictures Annie. Are you taking them or are they scanned photos from postcards? Just wondering? Looks like your having a great time. Wish we were there. :)
2nd August 2010

just an anonymous viewer
Sir, I inadvertently happened across your website and thought how nice to be a jobless vagabond wandering from spot to spot, probably never having assumed any responsibilities in life except for sponging off working people. I like your pics though and wouldn’t mind seeing a shot of your sleeping accommodations if you get a chance given your pressing schedule.
2nd August 2010

Fantastic pictures!
2nd August 2010

Anne, beautiful pictures and I love your blogs! Maybe the UTAA can have you be their speaker for the 2011 spring event!
9th August 2010

sunset
That sunset picture at Broadhaven says it all...sucks to be me, great to be you! Keep livin' the Dream!!! :)

Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1015s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb