Horseriding in Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
March 15th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the BusOn the BusOn the Bus

Alesha, Nicola and Jess, on the bus on the way to Wales
Last month Nicola, Jess, Alesha and I went Horseriding in Wales for a weekend. We were picked up by a shuttle on Friday night and joined 12 other people on a 4 1/2 hour drive to Wales. The group consisted of nine females and two males, aparantely this is quite unusual as it's usually around half and half.

After seeing most people drinking on the shuttle and deciding it would be a good idea to get some drinks for the road, the rest of the journey was spent trying to get the corks out of the Red Wine Bottles that Nicola bought by accident.

We got there in the end and were greeted by Tony who owned the house that we stayed in, we had a few more drinks and some homemade Pizza (Tony is a retired Chef) and headed to our beds.

We awoke to a full Cooked Breakfast then we were off to the Riding School, we were lined up and asked about our riding experience and then given a horse. I was given mine last and I wouldn't say they saved the best for last as Harvey was a cheeky little thing and kept biting
Harvey and IHarvey and IHarvey and I

Amongst the crowd
and nudging all the other horses, I did manage to control him though and he became familiar with the words 'Walk on Harvey'. Everything was great except for the fact that it was absolutely pouring with rain and had been right through the night.

So you can imagine how delighted we were when an hour into the ride the rain hadn't let up and we were drenched to the core, we stopped under trees for some shelter for lunch and decided to cut the ride slightly short on the way home because of the weather, at one stage we went down such a steep muddy track that if any horse had lost his grip it would have been chaos but thankfully that didn't happen!

On our return we relaxed in the Spa pool with a glass of wine then warmed up with soup before more drinks and a three course meal and continued partying into the night. Sunday we woke up (to sunshine) and all quietly (too hungover to speak) waited for another big breakfast before the shuttle journey home.

Overall it was a fantastic weekend and we had such a great time, we didn't let the
HorsesHorsesHorses

Horses in the Shed before we were lined up and allocated them
rain put a dampner on things (excuse the pun) but couldn't help thinking how awesome it would have been if we'd had fine weaher so would definately consider going back in the Summer.

I didn't get many photos but will attach the ones I do have!

And no, none of us fell off our horses, I think we did pretty well!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

BridgeBridge
Bridge

Nicola and Max
HarveyHarvey
Harvey

My poor horse Harvey looks a little bit miserable!
AleshaAlesha
Alesha

Alesha tries to make conversation with one of the guides but would have been better off just chatting to her horse.
Jess and SailorJess and Sailor
Jess and Sailor

Nice view from behind
DrinksDrinks
Drinks

After horseriding, having a few drinks around the table. The Camera got a bit of water on the lens, hence the blurry picture!


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb