Chepstow to Brecon Beacons, Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Powys » Brecon
June 29th 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Brecon


June 29, 2008
Chepstow to Brecon Beacons, Wales

In Sedbury, we are staying at a B&B, in the field behind the house. Today we joined in for an English Breakfast before leaving, it was enjoyable. Sedbury is a short distance to Chepstow, but Sedbury is in England... and Chepstow is in Wales.
In Wales all of the signs are in two languages...Welsh and English. The Welsh language combines unlikely consonants and very few vowels, the words don't roll off one's tongue. As a Welshman told us... you need to spit a bit!
The campground is only about 50 miles or so from Chepstow; and is located in Pencelli, a small village near Brecon. Brecon Beacon is a National Park in Wales and we plan to do some hiking tomorrow and some biking the next day. It is a beautiful area, and the folks at the campground were most helpful and friendly.
Pencelli's has Wifi and a laundry, so it is time to catch-up on chores. We did find time to visit a pub just a few hundred yards away and met some folks from the campground. As soon as we open our mouths, someone asks,"Where in the states are you from?"
With map, guide, and bus schedule, we prepare for tomorrow's hike. It will be a new adventure. Our guide indicates... "this is the hardest walk in the guide". The bus comes a little after eight, so it will be an early "get-up".


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Inside the Royal OaksInside the Royal Oaks
Inside the Royal Oaks

Pubs are great I wish we had bars like that


Tot: 0.513s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 38; qc: 193; dbt: 0.1571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb