South Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Pembrokeshire
September 27th 2021
Published: February 27th 2022
Edit Blog Post

It's always nice being invited to a wedding where you can attach a holiday to.

South Wales was the destination. We had been to the Brecon Beacons previously and this time we were able to visit a few more places. We spent the first two days in the Brecon Beacons, one day spent doing a walk up to Sugarloaf hill covered in Brecon and the next day we did a 14km walk around Llyn y Fan Fach and Fan Fawr reservoirs. So far the weather has been pretty decent!

We then made our way South to the Gower Peninsula near Swansea for a few days where the wedding was held. Gower is a small area but some nice little spots, one being the Rhosilli coast and beach and Three Cliffs Bay where there are some nice walks.

After the wedding we made our way to Pembrokeshire coast for some camping. We stayed at the Stables Campsite near Simpsons Cross, which was a basic empty field with two toilets and a shower with lots of space. The campsite never got busy and it was a great location of which to base ourselves. We planned for only a few nights but added some extra on. Turns out the incoming weather drove us home early and we only benefited from one of the 4 extra nights added. Good thing it was cheap at 15 pounds per night for a tent pitch!

Places we visited were St David's and it's iconic Cathedral. A small little town to wonder around briefly. From St David's we drove to St Nons Cliff for a walk along the coastal path.

We also spent a morning at Nolton Haven and hired two kayaks from a fellow Kiwi who has a little shack in the carpark area. It was nice to get a different perspective of the coast for a few hours.

We also drove to Porthgain and fuelled up with lunch at the Sloop Inn. We then walked along the coast to the Blue Lagoon and watched people jumping from different sized jumping platforms.

On the one day it did rain for a bit in the morning, we drove to Tenby and waited for the rain to pass and then spent the rest of the day exploring the shops and surroundings of Tenby. Tenby is a very nice little town with some really nice colourful buildings and a quaint little harbour.

And on the last day when we decided to leave due to the impending weather, we went via Stackpole National Trust area with it's Bosherton Lilyponds and short walk to Barafundle beach which was a great way to end our Welsh holiday. All that was left was to navigate the many hours back home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 68, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 20; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb