Stackpole - South Wales Travelbugs get together


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Pembrokeshire » Pembroke
August 29th 2010
Published: September 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

TravelbugsTravelbugsTravelbugs

Thanks to everyone for an excellent weekend
After leaving the USA we had a whistle-stop tour around the UK visiting all the family. It finished with a trip to West Wales where we met up with our friends from the South Wales Travelbugs. Our long weekend was curtailed somewhat by us getting a contract with the British Council in Tunis meaning we had to leave on the Sunday morning!

On Friday afternoon we arrived at the National Trust Centre at Stackpole, Pembrokeshire. The sun was shining and we did our first of several walks out along the cliff tops. Once we got back it was time to get into our room and several of the group had arrived so it was time to catch up with old friends and make new ones. It was so good to see everyone again. Dinner was well coordinated with everyone bringing a contribution. Wine flowed as did the conversation.

Saturday saw another glorious day. We walked out along the cliff tops again. On the way we saw a couple of otters in the river. One of them caught a fish and came up to the bank of the pond to eat it. It was quite a sight, as was the man trying to land a large pike his son had caught. He managed to drop his tongs into the water and they were never seen again. We left him to his struggle and continued our walk.

The coastline is very dramatic in West Wales. All along the cliff tops we saw people abseiling and rock climbing which looked like fun. We went down the cliffs to the intriguing St Govern's Church before finding a sheltered spot for lunch and a snooze! It was glorious. We stopped off for tea and scones on our way back to the centre!!

In the evening Russ gave a presentation on our trip from Azerbaijan to Ukraine which went down well with those who ate in. Those who went to the pub instead saw various other pictures later on before we HAD to go to bed. Why did we HAVE to? Well, we had an early start to get to Heathrow and start our new life in Tunis.

Many blogs to come, we're sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



5th September 2010
Lovely colours

Lovely colours
Love the photo!
6th September 2010

reunion
Lovely pics, especially as I took hardly any. It was a great weekend all round and so good to see you both, as if you'd never been away !! How did you get the otters to stay still long enough for a picture ?!
6th September 2010

in Argentina
There are some Welsh colonies in my country, in Patagonia, in the Province of Chubut. The main ones are Gaiman and Trevelin. Gaiman is a lovely small rural town full of tea houses with a strong Welsh tradition. Trevelin is on the west. I visited both towns and I would like to go back. The Welsh people arrived in my country long time ago after religious persecutions in the UK. Love from Argentina, Graciela.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb