Is that a road or a driveway?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Denbighshire » Denbigh
August 12th 2003
Published: August 12th 2003
Edit Blog Post

The Welsh roads make even Kitchawan (for those of you not familiar with roller coaster road, it is narrow and curvy) wide. Add that to the fact that they drive on the wrong side of the road here...
Anyways, i ended up spending Sat night in chester, which i quite liked. Everyone i met in chester was unbeleivably nice. When i asked the man selling train tickets how to take a bus where i needed to go, he paid for me to take a taxi. i stopped and loooked at my map when i went to eat and another man stopped and helped me. While i was waiting for Sam i got into a coverstation with a witty gentleman who told me all about the history of chester. Chester was another walled city and i spent the evening wandering town. In the morning i met sam at the catherdral. We walked around town and expolored and got a delcious lunch before heading back to his moms house.

When you look at an atlas of wales, it lists most of the roads. Sam's moms house, Henblas, is on a B road, meaning a secondary road, meaning not a main road, but not a backroad either. It is about a car and a half wide, and or course, makes the wales altas. Sams moms house is really cute and really old, it is stone and very Welsh. It is rainy and cool here, an inviting change from the hot weather. I met sams gandmother, Aunt and Uncle, ate some delcious meals both ehre at at his Aunts house.

Today we went to Debigh to see the castle, which we got a private tour of, then hiked through the city walls. very cool!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb