Welshpool to Llangollen to Betws-y-coed


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Conwy » Betws-y-Coed
April 25th 2011
Published: April 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

003003003

Lunch with Liz and Dave, lovely
Today we started on our journey to Holyhead to catch the ferry to Ireland.
We set off from Carrie's to drive to Llangollen to meet up with Mike Thompson's daughter Liz and her boyfriend, Dave for lunch.
We had a lovely drive to Llangollen and funnily enough Liz and Dave pulled in to the car spot right beside us!!
After an enjoyable lunch and lots of chatting we all went for a stroll around Llangollen. Llangollen is a very pretty place situated on a river. There is also a steam train station there and a canal.
I was very excited to see that there were horse drawn long canal boats on the canal and that we were just in time to enjoy a ride!! It was lovely, riding down the canal, and so peaceful. All you can hear is the clip clop of the horse and the birds and ducks. It was lovely. Uncle George will be very pleased!!
We spent quite a few relaxing hours in Llangollen and then we drove on to Betws-y-coed. What a lovely place!
I spent a couple of hours catching up on all my blogging and then Steve and I walked into town to get
004004004

Thompson Tours!!!! Fabulous
dinner.
After dinner we noticed a walking trail beside the river. I was a bit concerned as it was getting late ie 8ish and the trail went along the river and through some fields before returning to the road. We were not sure how long the walk would take or if it would get dark whilst we were walking but we set off anyway.
It was lovely and we arrived back at our B & B at about 9ish, safe and sound.
On the way back we saw about 8 squirrels up a tree. I was so excited to see them but it was a bit dark to get a good picture of them.
Our accommodation here at the Glenwood B&B is first class. I would rec. this B & B highly to anyone wanting somewhere to stay in Betws-y-coed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

005005
005

Look closely, it is a jumper!
013013
013

Uncle George, I found a horse pulled canal boat!!
029029
029

Our lovely B & B
045045
045

We had to climb over this to get into the field on our evening walk
068068
068

Wild squirrels!!
072072
072

A very busy blogger


25th April 2011

Good to see my daughter and Dave
Sue, Thanks for taking the piccies of Liz & Dave
26th April 2011

what a holiday
thank you so much for sending me updates, you must be having a ball, sounds and looks wonderful, the weather sounds great too. You are lucky to have so many friends and relatives it must be great to make contact and share time with them.I am thoroughly enjoying travelling with you. Love to both of you and keep having a wonderful time love Sandraxxxxxxxxx
26th April 2011

I love the canal boat
pulled by the shire horse - that was an experience not to be missed! and I bet you are glad you went on that walk even though it was dark when you got back - very brave!
26th April 2011

Diana's memorial fountain
Hi Sue, I just heard that there is a memorial fountain to Princess Di in Hyde park. I thought you might like to know. Wonderful reading your blogs. You seem to be having a BALL.. I think you might sleep for a week when you get home! All is well here. Loads of love!
26th April 2011

you do know that squirrels are vermin! Possum comes to mind!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb