Laugharne Park


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Carmarthenshire » Saint Clears
November 22nd 2009
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 22.11.2009 Day 39
Laugharne Park
The place we are staying at is a two bedroom lodge with kitchen and has fantastic views overlooking the estuary of the rivers corran and Taf in Carmarthen bay. We are up very high so have fantastic views there is a indoor pool, tennis court, Table tennis, Air Hockey, Gymnasium, sun bed, Crazy Golf and Laundry.
Carmarthenshire is one of the oldest communal land council in the UK.
Dylan Thomas house and boat shed is at the foot of the property and the Laugharne castle is walking distance away. In 1820 William Turner painted a view of the castle, Richard Hughes wrote some of his famous works here. Dylan Thomas wrote under milkwood here and it is about this area he spent the last years of his life living here.
We went to the guest welcome at 10 am and got some info on the thing to do around here and then went for a drive to explore the area.
We went and swathe Laugharne castle explored the coast line and when to one of the gardens. We saw where the land speed record was set in 1920 - 1930 on the 7 mile beach at Pendine. We then went to Fishgard were in 797 the last invasion of Britten occurred the French tried to invade but the local men gathered in the royal oak inn (which we saw) and the sent the women to march around the hills in read coats (so the French would thing they where British solders) to scare the French off It worked the next the1400 French shoulders surrendered to the 750 local men and the treaty was signed in the Inn. This is also where the ferries go Ireland We had lunch here then explored St David’s peninsula we found a burial mound that was created in 3,500 BC! We then went home and I made dinner then we went out to the club house (at our resort) for some live entertainment. We had a fun night out pity someone spoiled it by parking in our car park outside our lodge when we got back!




Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb