from ireland to wales - another missing one


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
September 10th 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello there all
Well we have arrived in sunny Wales after a great time in Ireland. Interesting adventure - great food - bacon and cabbage, Irish Stew and too many big Irish full breakfasts! It was quite an experience, Guinness and Smithwicks for the males with cider rather refreshing as well. Rolling fields bordered by hedgerows with sheep and cows. We met family in Tullemore and had a great night in their local pub with a lot of chatty Irish folk. The Irish were friendly-got invited to spend the night with one couple! The B&Bs were all run by very capable ladies - all good cooks! But the beds were rather hard-one just like an ironing board! Oh for a pillow top! Still they were all clean and tidy. Loved the ones with the tea and coffee in the rooms. Surprisingly not all areas have the central tourist information centre where you can check availability and book before you go. Got a bit hairy in Malahide(great seaside town) as it was booked up most places - luckily we got there early as at least four other couples tried our B&B for accommodation.
So now we are in Wales with family and it is lovley!!!! So nice to chill out, relax and socialise. Got the washing done(those of you who know my washing history will be relieved to hear this!) It is a sunny blowy day today .Our niece is yet to have her little-un so we are all on tender hooks. She looks really well and ready for action!
Got to Marks and Spencers today and almost got to shop - then whoosh - upchucked! This was followed by several other events from both ends and now I am sure I have lost at least a couple of brekies worth! Just when we lost the males and were set for some retail therapy! Never mind - our time will come.
Looking forward to exploring Tenby and Mumbles - fingers crossed this glorious weather is with us for a while.
Love and kisses to you all and to all you English kinsman - we are coming!!!!!!!!!!!! Free up your washing machines and prepare to party!
Jayne and Kevin

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb