Weekend away


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
August 19th 2012
Published: August 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our first attempt at taking the whole family away overnight in the van. We cheated a little by bringing along a ginormous tent for Daddy & J to sleep in, leaving Mummy & G to snuggle up in the campervan. A superb plan as it turned out, lots of space to store all the various paraphernalia, leaving room for us to sit in the cab, switch on the telly and watch Team GB storm 3 gold medals in the Olympics! So nice to get away from it all on holiday!

We went to the Black Isle, just the other side of Inverness, stayed in a great campsite, right on the water's edge, very close to the best dolphin spotting in Europe, although as it turned out not quite close enough for wee legs to trot to so we had to give up on that one and throw stones on the beach instead.

More interesting for Daddy, we were also very close to the 'Champion Beer Pub of Scotland', so that's where we headed for dinner, and very nice it was too. Daddy does a lot of 'research and networking' these days, he was hard at work that evening.

Next day was hot and sunny, both children had slept well, as had we, and we headed to nearby Cromarty for paddling on the beach, more stone throwing and a nice lunch. Another real ale pub (more networking, ahem) and two sunkissed, exhausted children. But that night they did not sleep well, G was awake and restless for what felt like hours. We were all awake by 6am, grumpy, and it was raining hard. Time to go.

Since we all needed a good wash(!) we stopped in at the Inverness Leisure Centre on the way back and had a fun time in the pool, riding the river rapids and bobbing up and down in the waves. All nice and clean again! ;-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

It was a lot scarier than it looksIt was a lot scarier than it looks
It was a lot scarier than it looks

(Daddy toldme to write that!)


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb