Busy month down South


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
February 6th 2012
Published: March 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

In January Daddy had to do a three week course down South to finish his airline pilot qualifications... not that he wants to be an airline pilot, but it's a long story! So Daddy drove the car down and Mummy, J & G flew down to be met at the airport before proceeding onto Nanny & Grandad's for a few weeks.

Rather frighteningly, the night before Daddy was due to leave, G suffered a febrile convulsion, from another high temperature. She was in my arms when it happened, she stopped breathing, went grey, eyes rolled back. Terrifying. I called Daddy and then an ambulance, by the time the paramedics arrived she'd come round and was crying again. The paramedic felt her forehead and quickly said 'febrile convulsion, don't worry, nothing serious, we get them all the time', which was somewhat reassuring, but we spent a night in hospital anyway, just to be sure. And of course it was some random unknown viral condition... Anyway she's fine, which is good, although her temperature has been spiking every few weeks this year, so I'm still a bit edgy.

I digress... yes, a few weeks at Nanny & Grandad's, which put us that bit closer to lots of other friends and family, so we were able to catch up with Uncle Kip & Aunty Lau (and of course, LuluCat), Mr & Mrs Lugs in Wales, cousins B&R in London, three Great Aunties, a Great Uncle, and lovely second cousinM (who was most affectionate)!

There was lots to do at Nanny's, walks in the woods, soft play, gymnastics (top fun!) visiting an old railway track (J was amazed to see Bewster from Chuggington there and Toby from Thomas the Tank Engine, he's such a spotter!) We even had another Christmas day, with presents, a lovely dinner and flaming Christmas pud (Grandad impressed and relieved that Daddy could light a pudding with only a tablespoon of the best brandy)!

Daddy went home a few days earlier than us to get back to work, but Mummy and the two children headed to London with Nanny & Grandad for the last weekend to see UncleS, AuntyR and the two co-birthday girls, B&R (who had a birthday card on CBeebies)! Despite endless stressing from Mummy about the 6 hour drive to London (G has an intense hatred of her car seat) the journey went almost without hitch, just the last half hour was tough; a dark, slow-moving M25 always is though.

J & G had a lovely time with their cousins,
">click here to see the video 'Three little monjeys jumping on the bed'. The party was good fun too. But the biggest excitement was on the morning we were due to leave when we looked out to see six inches of snow had laid overnight! Not quite so exciting for UncleS who was tasked with driving us to the airport, but nothing a shovel and some hefty pushing couldn't tackle! Ggrrr!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Two bridgesTwo bridges
Two bridges
An album cover waiting to happenAn album cover waiting to happen
An album cover waiting to happen
Blowing kissesBlowing kisses
Blowing kisses
Daddy clearly thrilled at meeting Chuggington's BrewsterDaddy clearly thrilled at meeting Chuggington's Brewster
Daddy clearly thrilled at meeting Chuggington's Brewster
Blow!Blow!
Blow!
Mother's ruinMother's ruin
Mother's ruin
Second CousinM smothers J with affectionSecond CousinM smothers J with affection
Second CousinM smothers J with affection
Yum! Yogurt!Yum! Yogurt!
Yum! Yogurt!
Two boys captivated by the tellyTwo boys captivated by the telly
Two boys captivated by the telly
With Mimi & HWith Mimi & H
With Mimi & H
J shares ALL his toys with GrandadJ shares ALL his toys with Grandad
J shares ALL his toys with Grandad
With cousins B&RWith cousins B&R
With cousins B&R
With his two littlest girlsWith his two littlest girls
With his two littlest girls
Grandad and the grandkidsGrandad and the grandkids
Grandad and the grandkids
Nanny gets in on the actionNanny gets in on the action
Nanny gets in on the action
Party girlsParty girls
Party girls
Big breath!Big breath!
Big breath!
Peppa in flamesPeppa in flames
Peppa in flames
Mr SnowMr Snow
Mr Snow

Built with a little help from his friends


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb