Nanna & Grandpa back for a proper stay


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
August 26th 2009
Published: August 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

J will be 8 weeks old on Saturday. He's doing lots of smiling now, has gained even more weight, the little chunky monkey! The health visitor confirmed what we'd suspected, he has a lovely big head - well, with genes from both Reads and Hunts it was only to be expected really!

He's started to bash a few of his toys, at least it doesn't look quite so random as it did, and his head is a lot less wobbly, although it does still catch you by surprise sometimes! He's also found his vocal cords, with lots of very cute goos, owws, ah-has and eeees, but it also means his crying has got a little shriller too!

You may remember from an earlier blog, Nanna & Grandpa had a flying visit (literally!) when J was 6 days old. They came back for a longer visit, just over a week, now that he's a little bigger. We've had a lovely week, with lots of outings, lots of help in the house and garden, and much cuddling of J!

We had a lovely day on Saturday, went for a 5 mile walk along the river (the furthest I've walked in almost a year!) We stopped at a little cafe where, halfway through lunch, J broke the silence with a giant full on burp that would make a grown man proud!

On Monday, J & I went with Nanna & Grandpa to visit Nanna's schoolfriend and husband. It was a beautiful day, we walked along the coast to a little cliffside village. J was in his sling, and after an initial wriggly protest, and a quick feed he settled down to sleep. After the walk we slowly climbed from the harbour up a lot of steps to the pub at the top of the cliff, only to find it was shut, as was almost everything else, so lunch was a sausage roll and a banana on the quayside, which was lovely!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb