Day 1 John O Groats - Altnaharra


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
April 4th 2009
Published: April 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So, after a 17 hour drive to JOG and the obligatory photos at start line etc etc we got away................well nearly. Our intrepid video supremo Gabe was entrusted with filming the off...... we didnt realise it would take 4 takes and an additional mile added to the total before he was happy!
There followed a nice 20 mile spin to our first scheduled hot drink break at Thurso, nice weather, tail wind, flat, all any roadie could ask for. This is gonna be breeze. Well what followed for the next 30 miles wasn't anything like a 'breeze', more like a bloody hurricane pounding in your face whilst climbing some challenging terrain. All in all we safely negotiated the first 76 with only Goff hitting the dirt, Gem and Joe wrapped in delirium at the hot food break and Matt more concerned about whether him bum looked good in his new tights. Tomorrow weather forecast is shocking and we have bigger hills and 94 miles to clear. We are loving it!!

Advertisement



4th April 2009

Well done guys!
Well done guys on your first stint. Let's hope the weather and gradient improves for you. Keep it up.
5th April 2009

rather you than us!
We spent our day yesterday sheltering from the hot Cardiff sun - hard work as you can imagine! Look forward to hearing about the next 94! Good luck!!
5th April 2009

First Day
Sounds easy, while you were doing that I was having to drink lots of stella and eat too much chinese.......yummy
5th April 2009

rock and roll
Hi joe and team Glad to hear that your finally rocking and rolling dont worry about the weather Lance wouldn,t.
7th April 2009

sounds like fun !!!
Cant find any more info on your blog are you all still alive and well Ha or have you gone to the pub ?
7th April 2009

Go carefully
Hope Joe's knee is ok. Look forward to seeing you all at weekend. Good luck!
7th April 2009

Happy Birthday Gemma
Many happy returns, Gem. Put that glass down and get to bed. x
7th April 2009

easy peezy
im doing it on my own next time, these lot are slowing me down!! unicycle will make it more challenging for me next time....and no chamois cream

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb