Easter long weekend


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
March 27th 2008
Published: March 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Never complaining about Oz weather againNever complaining about Oz weather againNever complaining about Oz weather again

Here at Loch Lomond, it was a windy and freezing 2 degrees or something ridiculous like that. There were waves in the loch (lake) you could almost surf.
Hi all,

Another blog coming right at ya. Happy Stace? Hope you all had a great Easter and thanks for the Happy Birthday, Tania & Co. I can't believe you remembered - I'm impressed.

We spent the entire four days in Scotland and travelled pretty much the whole island. The photos don't do the scenery much justice - the place is beautiful and the people were very, very friendly and really helped you out and knew what they were talking about. Don't think the thermostat hit over 5 degrees while we there - made Ireland feel warm when we got back. Some people in our hostel were kayaking the rivers and that too - nuts, think I'd prefer the Port anytime!

We're starting to realise you can get a better idea of our travels through the photos rather than the text, so have fun looking at our pics and keep the messages coming.

Catching up with John and Helen Fox this weekend and Zoe has a big work function on Saturday night. The Company has hired out the Guinness Factory viewing platform and function room - all food, drinks, entertainment, you name it. But that's not enough
Yep, snowYep, snowYep, snow

We were excited the first day we started driving through this. Became the main feature of the trip.
for the Irish girls - they wanna start early and go to the pub. Could be a bit of an eye-opener. Apparently a standard wedding here goes until 6am the next day so Zoe could be out of her league here.

Haven't got any other trips booked yet - but Zoe has to do something for her birthday next weekend, so will keep you posted.

Hope all is good back home. We hear the cold mornings are starting - ours are just ending (kind of).

Catch ya!

Zoe and Dave




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Ski lodge visitSki lodge visit
Ski lodge visit

After we got the camera guy to face the right way, this is what he came up with.
The weaponThe weapon
The weapon

Great driving by Dave - he only stalled it twice this time. Getting better!
Loch Ness monsterLoch Ness monster
Loch Ness monster

Who said he was lost?
Traditional Scottish musicTraditional Scottish music
Traditional Scottish music

Pubs in Scotland are just as good as the ones in Ireland. The local music rocks. Love it.
Scotch, not Zoe's cup of teaScotch, not Zoe's cup of tea
Scotch, not Zoe's cup of tea

That is possibly the worst thing I've tasted in my life - burnt my throat. Never again.
Snowball timeSnowball time
Snowball time

Zoe is just about to cop this...
Scenery shotScenery shot
Scenery shot

One of the 100 scenery/snow/mountains shots Zoe took - she was determined to get one on the blog.
Awesome Edinburgh CastleAwesome Edinburgh Castle
Awesome Edinburgh Castle

THE thing to do in Edinburgh. Such a beautiful city. The photos don't do Scotland justice.
Arthur's SeatArthur's Seat
Arthur's Seat

Feeling confident and cocky - "We can climb that no worries. It'll be good to do something active."
Dying...Dying...
Dying...

This is Zoe coming to the realisation that she's lost a little bit of fitness. Couldn't keep up or breathe for that matter. There was plenty of puffing.
Unhappy with the aleUnhappy with the ale
Unhappy with the ale

We went to an indoor skiing and snowboarding place that had real snow indoors. The place was really cool, except for this beer.
MacGregor's KiltMacGregor's Kilt
MacGregor's Kilt

This specific style of kilt is from the MacGregor clan which the Wights were a part of in Perthshire in Scotland. We looked high and low for this and finally found a kilt making place that sold this. Apparently we weren't a very popular clan and the head of the clan was beheaded for fighting another clan. Go the MacGregors.


31st March 2008

Happy Easter
Good to hear from you guys again. Easter looked cold with you whereas we were swimming at Sandy!!, yeah hard to believe now as this week the temp has plummeted. Hope you have caught up with the foxies by now and you should have some more warm clothes. Nearly ready to book some air fares, pretty scary stuff
5th April 2008

HAPPY
Yes yes i am HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;)

Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb