Day 13 - Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
October 7th 2022
Published: October 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Our night in the castle was lovely. Although Don swears he heard a ghost in our room in the middle of the night. I slept through it all so I can’t confirm or deny but they do say the castle is haunted.

After a hearty breakfast, we set off the the Culloden battlefield and Visitors Center. This was a fascinating stop. We had no idea of this pact of this battle on the UK or the world. It decided the UK civil war which had huge impact on the US revolutionary war and the way the Uk moved forward.

From there, we did a totally touristy thing - a cruise on Loch Ness. No we didn’t see anything unusual in the water - but we did get a dog toy for Sadie. It also covered history of the area so we’re feeling a bit more informed.

I even had Coronation chicken on a baked potato for lunch to try local foods. We haven’t tried Haggis yet though!

At the Loch Ness site, a local woman told us how to find some highland cows. So we did. We followed her directions off into the country and found the farm. We saw the cows, one named after the Outlander character, and wandered around the farm shop picking up a few things for breakfast.

From there we headed into Inverness. We got checked into our AirBnB (we’re arguing about which of our AirBNB stops has had the smallest shower by square inch). We headed into the town of Inverness for a wander. The weather is awful and most things are. Loses do it was a bit rushed.

But we stopped on our way back to our Flat at a fantastic seafood restaurant, The River House, for dinner. Yummy meal.

Now Don is wrapping up a few work emails at the flat while I write this.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb