Day 12 - headed North


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire
October 6th 2022
Published: October 6th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We headed out first thing this morning to see Edinburgh castle. We were too late the day we arrived and wanted to make sure to get there. What an impressive structure! It was easy to see how it would intimidate enemies trying to take it. We found it hard to believe that anyone ever did despite the history.

We saw the Scottish Crown Jewels and learned more about Mary Queen of Scots. The dog cemetery also caught our attention.

While we were there, several military officials showed up for a special service to commemorate the war memorial anniversary. The war memorial honours the 200,000 Scots who died during WWI and WWII.

From there we walked back to our hotel, got in the car and headed North to The Royal Borough of Dingwall. We only made a quick refuelling stop as we were anxious to get to our abode.

Tonight we are staying in Castle Tulloch - what was formerly the seat of Clan Davidson. Not much is left of the original 12th century building due to fires but quite a bit remains of the 16th century rebuild.

We have a gorgeous room with a huge fireplace, ancient woodwork and a brass bathtub. But also a completely modernized washroom.

We got here in time to explore a bit and have a drink and game of cards in our room before we head to the dining room for a 3 course meal.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb