St. Cuthbert’s Way- Day Two. Jedburgh to Morebattle.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Roxburghshire » Jedburgh
September 6th 2019
Published: September 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

24000 steps and 16 km. Seems the book is wrong or they haven’t updated it and the route has maybe changed.
Woke up at 7 am to hard rain and we were concerned about the days walk. By breakfast the rain had stopped and the sun was shining. It was a very pleasant day with the sun shinning but the wind held a coolness. We walked through cattle country, harvested fields and forests with pleasant paths. The forest had its own intrigue with meadows of ferns. During the walk we could see about us rain but it stayed away all day. The last few kilometres were spent walking on pavement which isn’t easy on your feet. In all it was a short days walk and once reaching Morebattle, our stay for the evening, we relaxed with a “free” half pint. Reward for sure. We did get early access to our room so relaxed and then explored the little town and even the little church. Terri had her shower and I enjoyed another pint in the bar with some locals- Alan, Audrey,Roy and a dog named Fudge. Fudge was the bar greeter. It was interesting that Roy’s father was born in Canada and he was well versed in the lame follies of Canadian politics. A brew helps political conversations.
This is a good day. A leisure walk, explore and meet new people over a refreshment
Cheers




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb