Bored of Palaces...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
August 31st 2013
Published: August 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday August 7th—We have some options today kids….“I am bored out of palaces!”- Becca “I am out of order for castles!”-Gabe So, with those comments we opted for Edinburgh. We started the afternoon with a Park and Ride bus trip over the bridge into city center. Then went to a local grocery store and bought a picnic lunch. Found a lovely sunny spot to eat in a pleasant park along the Royal mile, where “Bee”cca and Ga“bee” beefriended a bee (that turned into an abundance of bees!) who buzzed and bit bits of turkey (which Becca said after tasted as though it was honey roasted). After lunch we made our way to the Scottish National Gallery where Greg and Ben looked around and Mama, Becca and Gabe spend an hour or so creating art! Then off to walk the streets of Edinburgh where there were MANY odd people, it was crazy busy with the international book festival, many small play productions, Tattoo performing, street performers including Hannibal Lector, war amputees, Peter Pan, etc… We were able to take our eyes off of the people and see from a distance a castle, monuments and many historic sites while walking lots. We did not take our hands off of our kids for very long, thus the lack of photos! We bought dinner on the way home at the grocery store caught a bus, drove back and cooked dinner at the camp site and caught two tiny frogs that kept the kids company while Mama and Dada got to chill.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb