Off to find Nessie


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
July 27th 2006
Published: July 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are in Edinburgh, Scotland. Our time in Dublin was great and we were excited to continue on our trip. Getting to the airport couldn't have been easier, we walked arround the corner and there was the bus to the airport. Hopping on the bus and getting settled for our ride to the airport and snapping a few more pictures along the way. We got to the airport in plenty of time and headed to the checkin counter, there was a long line for the counter. getting through the line we start to check in. As we place our luggage on the scale we find out that our bags were heavier than was allowed. Hum, that is strange, we had no problems getting to Dublin other than having to spend €10 for and extra bag....... So great........ The weight restriction was that each person could only have 20kg of check on baggage. Well we were about 16kg over weight and at €8 a kg over, we ended up paying over €100 for the extra weight..... grrrr.... As you can guess we were not impressed at all. But what else could we do but pay. The flight was just fine and the weather great. Landing in Edinburgh we made it in to the town center with out any difficulty. Now to find our hostel, we had directions to it and so we were able to follow them further than we thought. Both of us seem to remember seeing that the place that we were staying in was just off the Royal Mile.... Well it was further than that..... and the other direction. But we found the place with out too much hassel and got settled. We wondered arround a bit and then went to sleep. Today we got tickets for the open top bus tours and went around them for the day. The ticket that we got enabled us to use any of the open top tours as well as get in to a few of the best attractions for Edinburgh. We went up to the castle and wondered around there for a while. Tomorrow we are going to go to Hollierood Palace and the Royal Yacht and hopefuly a few other things as well. On Sat we have decided to take a two day tour up to the highlands of Scotland and have a look for Nessie. Should be a great time to do that and then it is off to Glasglow for our flight back to London. Well sorry about the shortness of this one, we have to do some sorting out of our lugage so that we won't have to pay much money for our flight to London, so I have to say good bye and see you all soon.
Love Dan and Robyn

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1014s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb