Luck of the Irish


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
July 20th 2006
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are in Dublin and have had a good start to this leg of the journy. I just finished reading the previous blog and now I will continue on with what we were up to. So we had a great time with Claire and Max and were sad to go. There were much huggs and many promises to return and visit at a later point. Max was the one to drive us to the airport because he has a GPS system that tells him where to go and it worked wonderfuly.

We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare and went to check the board. There was no flight to Dublin....... hum........... now what..... Off to the information desk and they sent us to the desk for Ryan Air and found out that we were in the wrong termanal.... who would have though that flying to Dublin was a domestic flight and not international......... got out tickets just fine and off to dinner. Going through security we forgot about the knives that were in the first aid kit and had to turn them in, I blame it on the fact that we havn't done any real traveling for a few weeks. The flight was nice and short with an easy ride. The walk to the termanal at Dublin was a bit long but we got our luggage quick, because we were last off the plane sitting in the middle, and off to the busses.

The bus ride in to town was uneventful and took only 20 min or so. At the second to last stop the bus driver said last stop...... So I asked him if he was going to the last one and told him that our hostel was near it. He asked what hostel and when told he took us almost right up to the door. Needless to say, we liked this bus driver. We got to the hostel just after 10pm and the reception was in the middle of a change over so we had to wait till 10:30pm. Checking in we were told that they showed that we had reserved 8 beds for 6 nights, problem. Luckly we had our conformation that showed that we only booked 2 beds for the 6 nights and that was all sorted out. The hostel is under construction right now so we have this nice construction light right out side the window. Not too nice but oh well... The price is right.

Today we have wondered arround a bit and then we are thinking on catching a movie at the theatre, it has been a while since our last one. So I have to head out and we will tell you all how things go for the next while. Pluse need to get off the computer.... No longer free internet..... well Hope that all are good and talk to you all soon.

Love Dan and Robyn

Advertisement



20th July 2006

Club
We should start the "I am an idiot who got my knife taken away at the airport " club! Are you Staying at the 4 courts hostel? Go to the Guinness Factory! You will never want to know anything else about beer that you can't find out there. And the beer at the top of 6 floors of info is the best tasting ever. Oh well, Hope you are having fun. Love ya! Kath

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb