Our Bruntsfield Neighborhood


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
July 1st 2009
Published: July 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Manchester airport on Saturday and took the train north to rainy, cool and damp Edinburgh. Our Bruntsfield apartment is really lovely and spacious and is located next to many shops and restaurants. After taking care of the essentials (bus passes and groceries) we had time for golf at one of the several nearby parks- one with a pitch and putt golf course is just 5 minutes walk away.

On Monday, the boys and I went to the Hermitage golf course (12 holes, pars 3,4,5). On Tuesday we played soccer in Prince's Street Garden with some local chaps (Sammy, Nigel and their friends) and then bought Michael dry shoes at Cameron Toll. Prince's Street is pretty torn up due to the installation of rail lines for the new tram and the gardens seemed pretty empty, although not all of the schools are out for summer break yet. This year is The Gathering, a kind of a tourism sanctioned homecoming for Scottish people all over the world - There are lots of events planned (more than usual) and it will be interesting to see how Edinburgh handles the congestion and mobs of tourists. We have also had time to enjoy Cornetto ice cream lollys and just riding the bus around town (Stockbridge and Dean Bridge). Although the Queen is currently in residence at Holyrood, she appears to have transportation around Edinburgh other than the bus and so alas, she did not have the pleasure of our company.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb