You are much obliged...and by that I mean you owe me money...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
September 27th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our Creepy "College Wynd" GateOur Creepy "College Wynd" GateOur Creepy "College Wynd" Gate

We never actually go in this way and only know of two individuals who can get it open. There's a tricksy little side door we all use.
Welcome to the Cowgate everyone!
Vanessa and I have been getting countless requests for photos of where it is that we actually live and we are happy to oblige (which by the way means you owe us money 😊 A joke by the way which emerged from a conversation about the burlesque house across the street. But besides photos of our grand and oh so loud street of residence (We have not one, not two, but seven nightclubs, three pubs and a crazy Eurohostel full of Germans)....
We also tackled yet another of Edinburgh's historic sights this week when we went for a climb up Calton Hill to see the "National Disgrace" and roll around in the very very very green grass, which for once was not wet. Besides that the past week has been a guantlet of papers, meetings and cultural excursions. And also a much awaited reunion with some of our friends in Stirling from our first expedition to Uni in Scotland.
Now that you have all been spoiled by two-posts in one day...no more complaints when it takes forever and day for the next one to appear (we get assigned MSPs (Members of Scottish Parliament)
The CowgateThe CowgateThe Cowgate

Being completely void of cows (except for that one sticking out of that pub wall on St. Nidry's) but plentiful in nightlife of all types.
this week and must remain within the boundaries of Edinburgh to meet with them, and then must attend more class and meetings and registration thingmabobbies). However since we are trapped within the city there will undoubtedly be more pictures of this Ancient Capital of the North in the decently near future.

This is the K of the V&K
Signing off...


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The Staircase of DoomThe Staircase of Doom
The Staircase of Doom

Caution slippery (read deadly) when wet. Also often covered in borken glass.
The National DisgraceThe National Disgrace
The National Disgrace

We like to call it the Acropo...as in the Acropolis minus some bits


1st October 2008

wow
love the little jail like fence, does that keep the unwanted in or out. lots of cobblestones i love them. andrews is beautiful by the sea by the sea bythe beautiful sea. keep traveling and keep us all posted and maybe a few more people will comment. peace

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb